Monday, April 17, 2006

Taking Back My Life!!

As a business owner you know that your life can get away from you and your business takes over. That's the way I've been feeling. I've been working, working, working and yet, the reason I started a business was to be home more with kids and not be consumed with work. So, here I am consumed with my own business.

There are many things happening in my business, a new tele-seminar series: Business Builders Intensive; continued work with small business owners using Best Year Yet; and growing work with business teams; which is my passion, and now my book launch, happening this week for Launching Your Dream. It's all great, and exciting.

Last week I had kids home all week and the weather was wonderful. We played outside, planted parts of the garden and went to the state park beach with family. It was great. And I remembered that the reason I am in business is to work well with each client AND to be able to focus on myself and my family.

So, how do we as business owners maintain this much needed balance, and how do we get it back when we've lost it? First, is the observation that we are out of balance. Second, is the commitment to be in balance again, and a focus on achieving that. Third, is prioritizing self and family, or whatever your balance is, as important, and a priority.

I believe that part of the success of my business is my own health and balance. People will not want to work with a business coach that is not working well herself, in her own business. It is amazing to me that we learn lessons in our lives and then keep re-learning them. When do we get it? Well, this is a lesson re-learned for me, and something I work with clients on. create health and balance in your life. When you are working hard and are dedicated and operating from a good place personally, the rest is going to fall in place!

No comments: