Thursday, June 07, 2007

The neglected blog

WOW, has this blog been neglected!! I know I have thought of many things to write to put here over the past few weeks but just haven't done it. One was a story I heard on the news about desk rage. Have you heard of it? Yes, desk rage, similar to road rage. I guess people are just losing it at their desks. It made me think about how that happens. What is going on in the environment that results in "desk rage". Is it all the person's responsibility, well yes it is, but--- are other people contributing factors to the rage. My guess is that many parties are involved and that at the root of the rage is communication. Miscommunication, lack of communication, poor communication.

Is your workplace one in which the communication works well? Where people can have real, and honest conversations? Where ideas are heard and valued? Where staff are coached and encouraged? All of these factors result in work places that work. Good communication is essential in creating a highly productive work environment, and one that people WANT to be a part of.

Desk Rage, a totally new concept for me. I'm going to continue pondering it. But I do know that leaders that work to faciliatate work environments that have good communication are on the right path to preventing desk rage.

Welcome back to the blog! I have some exciting new things in the work and I will being posting info here!!

Donna

No comments: